Sunday 7 March 2010

Spring.

I only thought of spring the other day. I usually pay less attention to it than the other seasons because, essentially, it's summer-lite. Just as autumn is winter-lite in fact, except that most people lie in order to look profound and exclaim that it's actually their most favourite season of all. Like, totally deep, man. How sublime and aesthetic, the deep ochre palette of mother earth brimming to the fore just as nature beds down on the wane dude. Lies. Granted, though, autumn does have big piles of leaves to kick, just as summer has (theoretically anyhow) lots of warm weather and winter has snow, spring doesn't really have any instant, tangible appeal in that way. For all I know it could be summer now, seeing as, what with the onset of global warming and all, spring is apparently starting earlier than ever now (). Plus, it was quite sunny today.

The reason that I noticed though was that, outside my bedroom window there's a rather tall tree about one house away. Actually it's the garden that backs on to ours, whatever that makes it. Anyway, I noticed that it looks particularly gorgeous on a starry night in winter, its spindly limbs framed against the starlight and so on. Now, having taken out (and subsequently lost) both of my piercings I now feel postively naked. And a total average Joe to boot. As such, I've given greater thought to a tattoo (please bear with me on this non sequitur ramble) and the plan for an upper arm sleeve. I have no intention of getting anything in old english or chinese, or to 'commemorate' anything mind you, I'm more of the school that, if you're going to do something, do it properly. So, I want to have it done well, and relatively artistically. My idea was to get the image of that tree framed against the stars on my upper arm as a sleeve, although first I needed a picture of it. Last time I thought of this was a good 2 summers ago, but then I missed winter. Don't ask me how. I missed it. An entire season. No photo. I remembered this and cursed the heavens in a particularly vigorous and colourful manner. But, upon looking out, I realised that it hadn't actually begun to blossom yet. So in that way I was happy, despite spring apparently starting earlier. I'd kind of intended this post to be a list of some spring poems, but I see now that I've over-rambled somewhat, so I'll bundle it into a separate one methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment